Schedule That Home Insurance Quote Visit Right Now
Home. That place is your sanctuary. It’s the place where you plant your roots and raise a family with the hopes of making memories that will last a lifetime. A home is a precious possession, and Travelers can help you protect it with insurance that takes those considerations and your budget into account.
Protecting your home and belongings with insurance allows you to relax and enjoy the little things in life. Nowadays, it’s simple and fast to get a quote for homeowner’s insurance.
What is Home Insurance?
Your home and possessions are more secure if you have homeowner’s insurance. It can help pay for things like repairs or replacement, housing while you wait for your permanent home to be built, legal fees, and more if your house is broken into, your belongings are stolen, or someone is injured on your property.
Why Do I Need a Homeowners Policy?
Every homeowner or condo owner should have a homeowners policy, and some will be required to have one by their mortgage lender. If you want to safeguard your property from natural disasters like floods and earthquakes, you’ll need a separate policy for that.
If something unforeseen were to happen to your home, homeowner’s insurance would be there to help you get back on your feet.
What Does Homeowners Insurance Cover?
Talk to a Travelers agent about finding the right homeowners insurance for your home and budget.
- Building plans for your house.
- Added buildings to your property
- Possessions unique to you
- Costs incurred outside of your home while you recover from a covered disaster
- Expenses incurred while away from your primary residence as a result of a covered disaster
- Items of limited value (extra coverage can usually be added)
It is important to look into your options for tailoring your coverage and limit amounts to your specific situation. The following types of protection are provided by most standard homeowners insurance policies and can help give you peace of mind that your home and possessions are safeguarded.
Protection for the Home
The cost of repairing or rebuilding your home after it has been damaged by an insured peril is partially offset by dwelling coverage. Instances of the following risks are examples of those that could be compensated for:
- House fires
- Severe weather
- Leakage-related property damage from household appliancesLeakage-related property damage from household appliances
Insurance for Private Property
If your home’s contents are damaged or destroyed due to an insured peril, such as fire, theft, or natural disaster, personal property coverage can reimburse you for the monetary value of your lost possessions.
- Your furniture
- Sporting goods
Personal Liability Coverage
If you or a member of your family is sued for injuries or damage to someone else’s property, liability insurance can help pay for legal fees and provide a defense.
Cost-Effective Strategies for Homeowners’ Protection (Home Insurance)
Home insurance premiums may be reduced if you qualify for discounts for having multiple policies or for never having filed a claim. If your house has approved smart home technology, security, and fire safety devices, you could save money. When shopping around for the right homeowners insurance policy for your family, be sure to take advantage of any available discounts. You can save money on home insurance by taking advantage of the following.
Insurance Bundle Discounts
When you bundle three or more policies with Travelers, you can save as much as 12 percent on your homeowners insurance. The term “floater” can refer to insurance for anything from a car to an umbrella to a boat to a person’s own possessions.
Discount Safety Gear
- Water-cutoff mechanisms that operate automatically
- Detectors for smoke and fire
- Sprinklers installed indoors
- Protection for the Household
- The use of Internet-connected or smart home devices to detect and warn of dangers such as fire, flood, and break-in
How to Get A Homeowners Insurance Quote
You’ll need the following data points in order to receive an accurate quote for homeowners insurance from Travelers:
- Characteristics of your dwelling. Inquiries will focus on things like when the roof was last replaced, when the utilities were last updated, and the general style of your home’s construction.
- How you choose to make use of your dwelling. We require information as to whether this is your primary residence, vacation home, or investment property.
- Protecting your home with the insurance you have now. To better understand your insurance requirements, please provide the name and contact information for your current insurance provider as well as the length of time you have been covered.
With this information, we can zero in on the perfect homeowners insurance policy for you.
What is renters insurance?
Having renters insurance gives you peace of mind knowing that you and your belongings are covered in the event of an emergency. The building’s insurance does not extend to your personal belongings. Tenants in a house, condo, apartment building, or any other type of rental property are legally required to carry renters insurance. Right now, you can get a free renters insurance quote and see how easy and affordable it is to protect your most prized possessions.
GEICO’s renters insurance offers affordable protection for you and your belongings against risks like:
- Smoke damage
- Water damage
- Visitor injuries
What does renter’s insurance typically cover?
Items typically discussed include:
- Hardware and electrical gadgets (television, computer, etc.)
- Home furnishings and wardrobe
- Uninhabitable costs incurred because of a loss that is covered by insurance
- Causing unintentional harm to another person or their property
- In the event of an accident occurring at the rental property, you will be responsible for any related medical and legal costs.
You may also require specialized insurance for your jewelry collection if it includes expensive items like engagement rings, wedding bands, diamond bracelets, etc.these along with your renters insurance policy. For you, we have jewelry insurance options available.
What is the going rate for renter’s insurance?
The total cost of renters insurance will be determined by the sum of coverage purchased and the amount of money set aside each month for deductibles. The good news is that GEICO offers renters insurance policies for as low as $12 monthly. You can tailor a renters insurance policy to your specific needs with the help of our personal property calculator. Additionally, GEICO Mobile’s Personal Property Scanner can be used to generate a digital inventory list. The next step is to see how much money you can save by taking advantage of sales.
The savings on both renters and auto insurance can be substantial if you purchase them together.
Take a look at the savings you could make by bundling your GEICO Auto Insurance and Renters Insurance policies. For information on how to save money by bundling multiple policies, visit our Multi-Policy Discount page.
Home Security Systems
If you have a burglar alarm or live in a building with security guards, you may qualify for further savings.
Sprinklers or Smoke Alarms
Smoke alarms are a must in any rented dwelling, be it an apartment, condo, or house, and may even help reduce the cost of renters insurance. Same goes for fire extinguishers.
Managing your renters insurance policy is easy (Home Insurance)
Get in touch with a local agent to discuss your renters insurance options and make any necessary adjustments to your policy.
Processing of Insurance Claims
In the event that you need assistance with:
- Policy changes
- Additional policy info
Additional coverage can be purchased in the form of “riders” or “endorsements” to an existing insurance policy. Have a look at our Renters Resource Guide for more information on the various types of insurance that might be useful to you, as well as other helpful hints.